Healthy chicken wings
So many chicken wings recipes, so many sauces and marinades. When it comes to chicken, some people believe that the wings are the best. When it comes to healthy chicken wings, the honey mustard sauce is the one you will fall in love with. You will find that among the ingredients there is coconut oil.
It is rich in saturated fat (it got a bad rap because of that), which unlike vegetable or olive oil, withstands high cooking temperatures. In addition, coconut oil is rich Lauric acid. When it breaks down, it helps the body withstand various types of viruses, fight with fungi and bacteria. Also, coconut oil is beneficial for blood coagulation factor and has an antioxidant health effect on the body. Some people choose to fully shift to coconut oil in cooking, but if you are not ready for such principal changes, you can start with cooking healthy chicken wings, can you?
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
1 pound chicken wings (and drumsticks)
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp dijon mustard
½ tbsp apple vinegar
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ tsp turmeric
1 tsp curry powder
3 tbsp honey
- Trim off visible fat and large pieces of skin. As far as you need healthy chicken wings, excess fat is the last thing associated with health. Use a sharp knife or food scissors for that purpose.
- Place the wings in a bowl, sprinkle them with salt and pepper and toss until they are evenly covered with the spices.
- Place the chicken wings on the baking rack leaving some distance between the pieces. Sprinkle with olive oil just to make them crispy when baking.
- Preheat the oven and bake the wings for 35 minutes at 420 °F.
- Prepare the sauce: preheat the skillet and add coconut oil. Once it is fully melted, add dijon mustard, apple vinegar, garlic, turmeric, curry powder and honey. Mix it up and let it simmer for about 2 minutes, then remove it from the heat.
- Pour some sauce over the baked wings, then toss them until they are fully coated with flavored sauce. Garnish chicken wings with fresh parsley and lemon.