Baked chicken parmesan
Today we are going to make something easy and simple yet so delicious – baked chicken parmesan. It is quite fast to cook and this is one of those everyone-should-know-how-to-make recipes. Parmesan is among the ingredients you can’t omit. This cheese embraces a rich palette of flavor and aroma, it creates a crunchy crust and gives the meal a delicate taste.
By the way, the recipe for parmesan was developed about 900 years ago in the monasteries of Parma and Reggio Emilia. For all these years the composition of parmesan has not changed: it still includes nothing else except milk, water, salt and much patience for cheese ripening. Alongside being tasty, parmesan is also rich in calcium, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, and zinc. It can also boast to have vitamins B, A and PP. A single ounce of parmesan per day provides your body with one-fifth of the daily norm or proteins. So get ready for a healthy and flavored meal!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Serves: 4 (8 pieces)
4 chicken breasts, fat trimmed and cut in half
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 egg, whisked
1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, sliced or grated
1 cup your favorite sauce (we used tomato sauce)
- Cut meat into halves to get 8 pieces. Pound them a bit by placing in a plastic bag and flattening with a rolling pin or any other kitchen tool you find convenient. Once flattened, put a little bit of salt on both sides.
- Whisk an egg in a bowl. Pour breadcrumbs into another bowl, add parmesan there. In order to spice meat a little bit add about 1 tsp of red chili powder to breadcrumbs. Mix it up really well.
- Preheat the oven up to 450°F. Prepare the tray for baking: spray it with a cooking spray or brush with olive oil. Now give the chicken an egg wash first, then deep it into the breadcrumbs mixture and place it on the tray. Repeat this with the remaining pieces of chicken.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes till the pieces attain golden-brown color.
- Remove the tray from the oven, cover chicken pieces with 1 tbsp of sauce, get it all over the meat. Then use mozzarella cheese to put it onto the sauce.
- When you get the cheese on chicken, go ahead and fully melt it in the oven for 5-6 minutes more.
It looks delicious! You can serve it with any type of pasta, rice or you can eat it like this.