The Effective Morning Habits to Lose Weight
If you firmly decided to lose weight, the best way to start is changing your morning eating and lifestyle habits. Depending on how you start your morning, it can make you feel energized or down for a whole day. There is also an important psychological aspect – the experts from WebMD believe that if a person starts his or her day with eating healthy breakfast foods and doing simple activities, the feeling of accomplishment can boost confidence throughout the day.
Top 7 healthy breakfast ideas for weight loss
The experts from EatingWell.Com recommend starting your day with a delicious weight loss breakfast. Here come a few ideas of weight loss drinks and foods that may replace fast foods and coffee in the morning:
Good old oatmeal
Whenever you think about a diet breakfast, the first thing that instantly comes to mind is oatmeal. There are a few reasons why oatmeal is chosen by many people as the best breakfast for weight loss. Firstly, it is packed with fiber and can prevent the hunger cravings for a longer time period. Secondly, according to a recent study posted in the Journal of Nutrition eating a healthy breakfast for weight loss with oatmeal or any other “slow-release” carbs (like bran cereal) 3 hours before exercising can result in burning more fat. Also, eating such carbs can’t cause the elevation of blood sugar like consuming any refined carbohydrates (for example, white toasts). It means that oatmeal can be eaten by diabetics as well. High insulin levels can play the significant role in storing fat.
A summer breakfast to lose some weight – raspberries
If you want to treat yourself with summer berries and healthy fibers for a breakfast, then consider eating a cup of fresh raspberries. 1 cup of these tasty berries contains no less than 8 grams of dietary fiber (twice more than a cup of strawberries or some beans). A recent study posted in the Journal of Nutrition claims that eating more fiber of this kind can prevent the weight gain and even stimulate the loss of extra pounds. 8 grams taken every for 1000 calories per day can result in the loss of 4.5 pounds.
Nuts or your favorite peanut butter – a great choice for a dietary breakfast
If you can’t think a cheap and simple breakfast for weight loss for a whole family, consider eating some nuts or peanut butter. The Harvard researchers believe that nuts and peanut butter can be included in the top 5 foods for the natural stimulation of weight loss. The best combination for PB lovers is slathering a tablespoon of peanut butter onto a whole-wheat toast (another source of “slow-release” carbs). Alternatively, you can boost your dull oatmeal with a few nuts.
Opt for plain, low-fat yogurt
Another interesting study posted in the New England Journal of Medicine and confirmed by Harvard claims that low-fat, plain yogurt can be also included in the list of top 5 foods for weight loss. Additionally, yogurt is rich in protein that can make you leaner. If you choose plain yogurt for breakfast and boost it with flaxseed, your breakfast will be very healthy and nutritious at the same time. If you want to add some sweetness to your morning yogurt, consider adding some fruits or berries.
Chicken eggs for a full and delicious breakfast
If you are still wondering what to eat for breakfast to lose weight, don’t think too long – grab a couple of chicken eggs from a fridge. Instead of “bad” carbohydrates and fats, eggs are rich in protein that is good for losing weight and building muscles. Plus, eggs can satisfy your hunger cravings for a longer period.
Drink some…vegetables and fruits
Maybe it is not a surprise for you that the best weight loss drinks are green smoothies. They are stuffed with vitamins, minerals, nutrients, and extremely low in calories. You can also add some fruits to green smoothies to get a nutritious, naturally sweet, and delicious breakfast drinks. The combinations for such smoothies are really endless. For instance, you can try making one of the most popular drinks to lose weight in such way:
- In a blender mix 3 parts of fresh fruits with 2 parts of any leafy green veggies;
- Add some fresh fruit juice is the mixture lacks a liquid.
Alternatively, you can try the combinations with pears and apples, along with bananas, spinach, and kale.
Treat yourself with a calorie-burning pumpkin smoothie
Another awesome idea for those who seek what to drink to lose weight in the morning. A pumpkin smoothie can be good for you due to the multiple reasons – it is fat-free, low in calories, rich in fiber, and yummy. For people who want to lose weight, drinks with pumpkin slices or juice can be very beneficial. You can try making your own pumpkin smoothie or use this classic recipe:
- You need to blend a ½ cup of pureed or canned pumpkin with 1 cup of raw milk;
- Add a few ice cubes, 2 teaspoons of brown sugar, a ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg;
- This low-fat smoothie will taste like a homemade pumpkin pie.
Your ideal morning routine for a weight loss
If you are wondering how to lose weight effectively, choosing only healthy things to eat for breakfast may be not enough. To promote a natural weight loss from the early morning, you can follow the guidelines offered by the experts from Men’s Fitness and WebMD:
- Sleeping well can result in a weight loss. The persistent lack of sleep can screw the release of certain hormones and negatively affect metabolism;
- Open the curtains in dark room as soon as you wake up. The ultraviolet light can cheer you up and help feel more energized throughout the day;
- Morning exercises can be helpful if you want to boost your metabolism, keep the cravings at bay, feel more positive and be active. Even 10 minutes of cardio or yoga can be good;
- Pack a few healthy snacks for a lunch. Eating only a healthy breakfast can’t result in the quicker weight loss if you keep eating that nasty snacks from a vending machine. Instead, pack a few granola bars or apples, peanut butter and almonds to prevent eating junk foods during a work lunch;
- A walk in the morning can fill you with energy for a whole day. Try parking your car a few blocks from the office and take a 10-minute walk. The more you move around, the more calories you can burn. Besides, a simple walk can elevate your mood and give the boost to your creativity.
Start your day in a healthy way and the weight loss results won’t make you wait!