Top 10 Remedies for Hair Nourishment
If you have always dreamt about silky and luxurious hair from that glossy shampoo advertisement, but your current state of hair is far from perfection, consider following the expert tips for the hair treatment for damaged hair. However, at first, you need to understand the root of dry hair problem and what can be used to fix it. Nourishing dry hair with the common vitamins for hair can be useful not in all cases.
The most common causes of hair problems
Damaged hair can be caused by multiple reasons. As a result, hair can be affected by dryness, itchy scalp, dandruff, split ends, thinning, dullness, etc. If these conditions are left untreated, there is a high risk of hair loss. According to WebMD, these are the main causes that may prevent the fast hair growth and make it dry or thin:
- Using harsh shampoos and chemical dyes, perm, relaxers, sprays instead of the natural hair care products;
- Over-washing that may strip away the natural oils;
- Using a hair-dryer too often (or curling irons and hair straighteners);
- Applying the alcohol-based styling products;
- Exposing your hair to the sun or wind for too long.
The simple solutions for damaged hair
If you are seeking for the simple hair growth treatment, or just want to nourish dry and damaged hair, consider starting with the remedies recommended by the dermatologists from Mayo Clinic:
- Try washing your hair less often – once or twice a week use more than enough for normal hair. Many men and women use harsh shampoos and wash hair every day – this is wrong. If you need to wash hair daily, then, at least, opt for a natural hair shampoo, but, still, use it not on a daily basis. And the stylists also recommend blowing dry or heat-style your hair as rarely as possible;
- Pick alcohol-free mild hair products for styling;
- When washing your hair, always follow the nourishing shampoo with a moisturizing conditioner. In such way, your hair can hold moisture and be rich in natural oils for silkiness;
- To replenish the lost moisture, you can massage with a hair oil – like jojoba or coconut oils;
- Buy over-the-counter hair vitamins at a pharmacy and take them for a few months.
If these remedies are not enough in your case, then don’t neglect using a natural hair mask once or twice per week.
3 natural hair mask recipes for nourishing your damaged hair
A simple nourishing hair mask applied occasionally can do miracles to dry, dull, or thin hair. You can make your own mask or use one of the following hair mask recipes offered by the Wellness Mama experts:
The dry hair treatment with avocado
This simple mask may replace the best hair loss vitamins if you apply it weekly. Or, at least, it can prevent the further loss and thinning. Here is how you can prepare this mask:
- You need to peel 1 ripe avocado in a bowl, then spread it with olive oil. If you wear a dye for color on your hair, you can’t use olive oil. The thing is that olive oil can lighten your hair. Alternatively, you can replace it with jojoba and almond oil;
- Before applying the mask, you need to wet your hair. Then thoroughly use the mask on your hair ends and scalp. Afterward, keep your hair with the applied mask under a shower cap;
- Let it sit for 30 minutes, run your fingers through the hair and then massage the scalp;
- Wash the mask off.
The simple nourishing egg mask for your dull hair
This is another natural solution that may replace any expensive hair growth cream or lotion. Also, with the help of this egg and olive oil mask you can get smooth hair, without any chemicals:
- Take 2 eggs and 4 tablespoons of olive oil;
- You need to blend these components together;
- Apply the mixture to hair for 25 minutes;
- Wear a shower cap after applying the mask. The plastic shower cap can keep the moisture and provide the better hydration;
- Wash off the mask with cold water. Hot water can turn the eggs impossible to wash from your hair, because it can partially cook the applied egg.
Working like a natural hair gel and deep conditioner the nutrients in eggs may help to add the texture to dull hair.
The “magic” hair mask with honey and olive oil
This mask can be great for the scalp and dry hair. After using it a few times, your rough or dry hair can become smooth, shiny, and silky. Here is how you can do this:
- Mix the equal parts of olive oil and honey in a big bowl. Mix these components well;
- You need to apply this mixture on a damp hair;
- Then cover your hair with a damp and warm towel;
- Leave it for 30 minutes;
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo.
The possible benefits of the hot oil treatment
Nowadays, the hair oil treatment with the help of hot oils is getting more and more popular. Many stylists, including the teams from StyleCraze and Cosmopolitan, explain the possible benefits of such treatment for damaged hair:
- Opt for a weekly good head massage with a hot hair growth oil. You can choose among avocado, coconut, olive, or almond oils. All these oils can be great for improving the blood circulation to the scalp, provide enough moisture, and maintain hair’s shine and softness.
- Hot oil can’t damage your hair like the sun, hair-dryers, and chemical products. On the contrary, such treatment can repair hair that was damaged by all these factors.
- You don’t have to visit a professional hair salon to get an effective session of the hot oil treatment. You can do it at home:
- wash your hair until it’s clean – the oil can faster penetrate in the dirt-free hair follicles;
- warm up the oil, wait until it is lukewarm and then massage it with fingers to the scalp and all over wet hair;
- then you need to cover your head with a hot towel, then wrap it up with a second towel to “trap” the heat;
- leave it for an hour;
- rinse it off with your nourishing shampoo.
All these treatments and masks can be great for your dry and damaged hair, and the best thing is that they are under the budget.