Must-Have Remedies for People With Oily Skin
There are many reasons to search for how to stop oily skin, not only because of appearance but due to the number of skin problems that can come with oily sin like acne breakouts, irritation, sun sensitivity, and clogged pores. All these problems can be overcome successfully if you use the right oily skin remedies and cosmetics.
The best cosmetic products for oily skin
According to StyleCraze.Com, oily skin care starts from the use of fitting products for makeup and skin care. You just need to know how to use these products in the right way to make your skin look less oily:
Wearing a face primer is essential
A face primer is one the best products for oily skin. Since oily skin causes makeup to slip off easily, you should apply a face primer before using foundation. The primer may increase the longevity of any highlighter, bronzer, or blush. In this way, your makeup will look bright and smooth at the end of the day.
A tough cleanser is not an option
People with oily skin tend to choose cleansers with tough formulas, however, they may only strip off the natural oils from the skin, making it dull and lifeless. Instead, opt for a mild oil-free cleanser. It can be the best choice as a daily face wash for oily skin that prevents clogged pores and acne breakouts. Then you skin won’t have to work extra hard to replace the lost oil.
Use a face mask for oily skin
There are special facial masks with formulas for oily skin type. These products may provide powerful oil face control. If you have sensitive or easily allergic skin, try using a natural face mask for your oily skin based on charcoal, clay, and chamomile. It may be helpful to use these masks regularly, at least, twice a week.
Scrubbing is also important
Even if you have oily skin, that doesn’t mean that you should neglect scrubs. Removing the dead skin cells can result in the reduction of blackheads and clogged pores. Use a coin-size amount of the scrub and evenly apply on your face. Leave it for 2 minutes. Don’t forget to rinse off the residue with cold water.
Invest into an electronic steamer
If you want to know how to get rid of oily skin, consider investing into an electronic steamer. This gadget may open the oily pores and flush out the dirt and toxins from your skin. Instead of an expensive steamer, you may use a bowl with hot water and keep the face over it for a few minutes. Don’t forget to cover your head with a towel to create a sauna effect.
Wear a waterproof liner instead of regular
Oily eyelids can wipe off the regular liquid liner. That is why you may need to use a waterproof liner. This product may last much longer in your face.
Opt for an oil-free compact
To control the oily skin’s greasiness and shine, try using a powder formula that can instantly mattify the skin. Any lightweight compact or loose powder can easily blend with your skin, result in a matter finish and prevent the clogged pores. If your budget allows, look for non-comedogenic cosmetics for the acne prevention.
A foundation based on minerals is good for oily skin
Another important task is to choose a proper foundation for oily skin. This is no secret – also choose the lightweight product based on mineral formulas, with a matte finish. Aim for foundations with good and even coverage, Sun Protection Factor (SPF) over 30, and with blemish-fading effects.
Don’t neglect the oil blotting sheets
It is one the most available and effective makeup remedies for oily skin. These sheets can soak up the excess oil and prevent shine on your face. These are the soft, silky sheets are easy to use. You just need to blot them around your T-zone for instant oil removal.
Try makeup setting spray
These sprays can prevent the fading of a foundation. Just spritz a few times on your entire face. In this way, makeup may last throughout the day without re-applying.
Look for the specifically designed oily skin moisturizer
If you need an effective moisturizer, look in your local beauty supply store for special oily skin formulas that may soothe skin irritation. Opt for a gentle moisturizer that can hydrate oily skin with clogged pores.
How can you make makeup last with oily skin?
Having oily skin usually means that makeup can’t last longer and tends to come off faster than for dry or combinatory skin. However, the expert team of WebMD knows what to do in this case:
- Avoid priming your eyelids with a concealer. Instead, use a primer that is specifically formulated for eyelids;
- Apply a powder only on the “shiny” areas, with a translucent effect;
- Try choosing only oil-free products with the natural components (especially a blush and foundation);
- For daily face wash, you may use a toner for oily skin with ingredients as glycolic acids;
- Invest into “long-wear” products, with “waterproof” or “water-resistant” labels;
- Instead of heavy, anti-aging creams for night use, consider using the serum with a lighter texture;
- Never forget to use sunscreen with an oil-free formula. Always apply it before the makeup base.
Dietary tips for people with oily skin
Not many of us are blessed with healthy skin, most suffer from oily or dry skin. To improve excessive oily skin, consider changing your dietary habits. You are what you eat and your skin is the best indicator of your body’s health. According to the Mayo Clinic team, oily skin can be reduced if you follow this diet:
- Include more healthy fiber – brown bread, corn, oats, and citrus fruits;
- Drink more water, which is the best natural cleansing agent can be very beneficial for oily skin with dirt and toxins;
- Cucumbers are about 95% water. Also, these veggies have multiple anti-oxidants properties for the skin rehydration and provide the cooling effect. You can also use the homemade cucumber water for the oily skin face wash daily;
- Add to your diet more foods with grapefruit and omega-3 fatty acids for the reducing the number of toxins in your body;
- Considering cutting the intake of dairy products, added sugars, fatty meat, salty snacks, and enriched flour.
Getting healthy-looking skin is simpler than you think. You just need to invest some money, time and effort to your skin care routine. Avoiding unhealthy foods can also benefit glowing, flawless skin.