Everything I need, I have: An Abundance Mindset
What is an abundance mindset? Why is it helpful?
From Buddha and Marcus Aurelius to personal coaches today the same advice is repeated: ”You are what you think.” You may have tried in countless ways to change your life, your finances, your health, and your happiness to no avail. That’s because you can really only change your life if you change your mindset. This philosophy makes sense; it has stood the test of time and has been proven to be valid. Indeed, if you want to make positive changes in your life, you must start with your thinking. The good news is that changing the direction of your thoughts is possible, although it takes time and effort.
How your mindset shapes your life and why it needs to be upgraded
One of the most important quotes in history belongs to Mahatma Gandhi:
“Your beliefs become your thoughts,
your thoughts become your words,
your words become your actions,
your actions become your habits,
your habits become your values,
your values become your destiny.”
Some people call it an abundance mantra. It clearly shows how our thoughts shape our destiny and how you can affect your own future by learning the secrets of your own mind power.
The truth is that many people have very little control over their thoughts. They have a scarcity mindset; therefore, negative and destructive thoughts occur without their consent or management every day. It is impossible to live a positive, productive life and enjoy your success in life with a mind that runs your life and has patterened your thinking into a negative mindset.
Here are some examples of people in difficult life situations that have a scarcity mindset:
- People who avoid problems, easily give up.
- People who do not listen to the opinion of people around them and do not use this opinion in their own interests.
- People who concentrate all their attention on what other people do and have and constantly compare themselves.
- People who let their shyness, resentment, depression, isolation, procrastination and feelings of being a victim control their thoughts.
- People who stick labels to themselves like “I have no feeling for art/music. I know nothing about computers.”
- People who focus on what they do NOT have.
If you are familiar with these statements, if you are not satisfied with the quality of your life and if you want to learn and benefit from habits of highly effective people, it is time to change your mindset, to make it rich and full of abundance. Only by developing a positive mindset and carefully controlling your thoughts, you will learn what is wisdom, freedom, success and maximum productivity. In this way, you can become an improved version of yourself.
The power of mindset
Dr. Alia Crum, an Assistant Professor of Psychology at Stanford University, together with a group of scientists, proves how a person’s mindset can alter their objective reality. In her “Change your mindset, change the game” speech for Ted Talks, she revealed and discussed about how mind power is such a huge part of medicine, exercising, dieting and facing stress. But in fact, there are many other facets affected by the positive mindset phenomenon that can shape the life of a human for good, as well as for bad depending on how mindset is tuned.
The research she demonstrated shows how a person can shift their mindset, which some people consider to be fixed, into something that is changeable over time: from the scarcity mindset to an abundance mindset. People can reach success in life if their mind is open to new abilities, knowledge, and practices. The main message of Dr. Alia Crum, one of many who studies the power of human mindset, is that a person can change his/her reality into an abundant mind. The richer a person’s mindset is, the more possibilities a person has.
Techniques to change your mindset
Unfortunately, there is no a single universal rule to modify our mindset. It takes time and trial and error of many techniques to go through the path of renewal. Some of the techniques are based on scientific research, others on individual experiences of different people who have decided to radically change their lives. Here is a summary of methods that we have found that are effective in creating abundance mindset.
- From fixed to changeable mindset – A person with a fixed thinking believes that the abilities, personal qualities and traits are determined at birth. They accept things as they are with no attempts to change anything. On the contrary, changeable thinking is the belief that the abilities, personal qualities and character can be developed and improved over time.
- Go from scarcity mindset to abundance mindset – Focus on what you have and the opportunities that you have (available to you), instead of thinking about what you are missing and the fact that others are more fortunate than you are. Acquire a rich mindset.
- Go from a negative to a positive mindset – A negative mindset is the worst kind of thinking. You simply cannot live a positive life with a negative mindset. The idea of this type of improvement is to completely eradicate negative thinking. This begins by recognizing when your patterns of negative thinking take hold and changing your thoughts as they happen.
- Go from a reactive to a proactive mindset – In other words, you go from a passive mindset of victimhood to a mindset that helps you to take initiative. Success in life does not come by itself, sometimes you have to put out the effort to take advantage of opportunities. The main idea of a proactive mindset is to act according to what will be the best of what can happen.
- Go from non-optimal to optimal thinking – All that is not the best choice or solution is called non-optimal and vice versa, all that is best for you is optimal. If you want to achieve optimal thinking, you need to ask yourself the right questions. Only the right questions stimulate your brain to start looking for better solutions.
These are only five techniques that you may start practicing if you really want to develop habits of highly effective people and have life in abundance. Abundant people were not born successful, but they worked hard to reach success in life. There is much to be done to succeed in life but there is only one thing you should start with – change your mindset first.