Easy and Tasty Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
This vegetarian lasagna recipe proves that a meatless lasagna can be delicious and nutritious at the same time! Containing 8 healthy organic vegetables, herbs, oils, along with tasty Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses this yummy vegetarian lasagna will provide nutrition and the same time boost your body with energy, vitamins and minerals. Olive oil, onion, and garlic are natural sources of essential vitamins, and nutrients. However, the nutritional “leader” of this vegetable lasagna recipe is zucchini.
According to the nutritional profile of zucchini on Nutrition-And-You.com, this vegetable mostly originates from the Central America and Mexico. The major science-backed benefits of zucchini include protection from constipation and colon cancer, anti-aging properties, and the reduction of blood pressure. Zucchinis contain healthy antioxidants such as carotenes, lutein, zeaxanthin, also folates, potassium, vitamin A, vitamin C, thiamin, riboflavin, pyridoxine, and minerals like manganese, zinc, iron, and phosphorus. Zucchini can be consumed if you want to lose weight because it is one of the most low-calorie veggies, providing only 17 calories per 100 grams. In addition, zucchini may work as a perfect source of healthy fiber, containing no cholesterol or saturated fats.
The nutritional profile of the dish (10 servings)
- Calories – 410 kcal
- Fat -14.6 g
- Carbs – 48.4g
- Protein – 22.2 g
- Cholesterol – 38 mg
- Sodium – 1184 mg
Prep time: 35 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Ready in: 1 hour 20 minutes
Servings – 10
- Zucchinis (sliced) – 2;
- Green bell peppers (cut in 1-inch pieces) – 2;
- Ground black pepper – ¼ teaspoon;
- Sliced fresh mushrooms – 1 package (8 ounces);
- Onion (cut into 8 wedges) – 1;
- Pressed garlic – 1 clove;
- Chopped fresh basil – 1 tablespoon;
- Table salt – ½ teaspoon;
- Lasagna noodles – 12;
- Pasta sauce – 2 jars (28 ounce);
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese – 1 package (16 ounce);
- Freshly shredded Parmesan cheese – 1 cup;
- Some black pepper;
- Olive oil cooking spray.
- Start by preheating the oven up to 400 o F (200o C).
- Use a cooking spray with olive oil to spray a large baking sheet.
- Place the prepared bell peppers, zucchini, onion wedges, and mushrooms on this baking sheet.
- Sprinkle garlic and basil over the vegetables;
- Spray with cooking spray again.
- Add black pepper and salt.
- Bake the vegetables for 10 to 25 minutes until they’re tender and lightly browned.
- Take a large pot with lightly salted water. Boil water with lasagna noodles for about 8 minutes. Stir from time to time. The noodles should be cooked but firm. Drain the water.
- Simmer pasta sauce in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Mix shredded Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses in a bowl.
- Pour 1/3 cup of heated pasta sauce in a baking dish (9×13 inches).
- Over the sauce, layer 3 cooked lasagna noodles.
- Over the noodles spread about ¼ of the roasted vegetables. Top with ¼ sauce.
- Over the sauce sprinkle ¼ of the cheese mixture.
- Repeat these layers 3 more times, finishing the top layer with the cheese mixture.
- Bake the lasagna until the sauce gets bubbly and the cheese is melted. This may take up to 20-25 minutes.
- Before serving, let the delicious vegetable lasagna cool for 10 minutes. Bon appetite!
A little tip: Use aluminum foil to keep the leftovers of the vegetable lasagna longer. Also, while cooking, by using aluminum foil to cover the pan, it may keep the dish moist and cooked evenly.