The Best Herbal Masks for Hair Growth
From 50 to 100 hairs – this is how much hair people normally lose daily. This amount is considered safe to lose because new hair is growing at the same time. However, if you have noticed considerable thinning of your hair’s volume, it may be a sign of hair loss that you want to pay attention to.
What causes hair loss?
Hair loss happens when the cycle of hair shedding and growth is broken. The reasons for hair loss are individual in every case. Before starting a hair treatment, check the factors which can negatively affect the hair growth and cause its loss:
- Heredity, especially the family history of alopecia in males;
- Hormonal misbalance;
- Illnesses or disorders;
- The intake of some medications.
Hot oil treatment for hair and permanent hair coloring may also lead to the inflammation of follicles and hair loss. Hair loss can even become permanent, if you continue using these procedures and negative treatments for a long time.
Herbal hair remedies that may replace your standard care products
Consider replacing expensive, yet potentially damaging, hair products with these affordable and natural remedies for hair growth. All of them can be used for daily hair care:
Homemade oil treatment for hair instead of expensive products with the same oils
Most of the advertised hair care products contain olive and coconut oils which have been approved after many clinical trials as natural stimulants of hair growth. Make your own coconut and olive oil hair treatment following these steps:
- Take 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil;
- Mix the oils;
- Apply this mixture on your hair from the roots to the tips;
- Wrap hair with a shower cap;
- Wait an hour;
- Wash off with any herbal shampoo.
Herbal shampoo may replace a branded shampoo with sulfates
Try avoiding any shampoos with sulfates if you already have dry and damaged hair. Consider making an herbal shampoo that can work like a natural hair moisturizer. Try using this recipe:
- Mix in 4 ounces of distilled water 2 tablespoons of dried rosemary, 2 tablespoons of dried lavender or any other herbs;
- Heat the mixture;
- Let it steep for 30 minutes;
- Filter out the herbs;
- Let the liquid cool;
- Pour it into a bottle;
- Add 4 ounces of liquid castile soap;
- Add 30 drops of rosemary essential oil, 3 teaspoons of aloe vera gel, and a few drops of jojoba oil;
- Shake the bottle.
Herbal deep conditioning hair mask instead of your standard conditioner
If your standard conditioner seems to be ineffective, you can make a moisturizing hair mask with hibiscus leaves and flowers. To make this hydrating hair mask, you may follow this recipe:
- Soak a few hibiscus flowers and leaves in water;
- After a few minutes, take them out and mash them;
- A thick fluid will appear after mashing;
- Filter out the leaves and flowers;
- Use the fluid from the soaked parts of hibiscus as a natural conditioner;
- Apply it on your hair after shampoo;
- Leave it for few minutes;
- Rinse the fluid off with warm water.
Homemade rinse for shiny hair with Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
Speaking of a hair rinse, you can also use a natural remedy for this purpose. Try following this recipe:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of raw ACV with a mug of organic green tea;
- Use this water as a final rinse for your hair after applying our other dry hair remedies.
Homemade masks for natural hair treatment
Instead of buying a brand-name hair mask, you can try using any of the following recipes to make your own protein hair mask with affordable ingredients:
Homemade hair growth mask with egg yolk and green tea
Rich in natural protein, eggs can strengthen your hair and provide the necessary supply of essential vitamins. Vitamin A in egg yolk may prevent dandruff, Vitamin B can improve the oxygen supply, Vitamin D can promote hair growth, and Vitamin E can improve the circulation of blood. Green tea may work as a natural antioxidant. To make this hair mask, try following this recipe:
- Mix 1 egg yolk and 2 tablespoons of green tea;
- Mix well until you get a frothy consistency;
- Apply this homemade mask on your hair evenly, both covering its roots and the entire length;
- Cover your head with a shower cap;
- Leave it for 30 minutes;
- Wash off;
- Repeat the mask 3 times a week.
Natural hair mask for hair growth with honey, garlic, and aloe juice
All these components can help your hair grow faster than usual. What can you do to make this hair mask at home:
- Mix 1 teaspoon of garlic juice, 1 tablespoon of organic honey, 2 tablespoons of aloe juice and 1 tablespoon of egg yolk in a bowl;
- Let the mixture cool in a fridge;
- Before applying, add one more tablespoon of egg yolk and mix well;
- Apply the mask on your scalp;
- Let it sit for 20 minutes;
- Wash off your hair.
Avocado hair mask for dry hair
Alternatively, for quick growth and preventing dry, brittle hair, you may try to make a homemade mask with avocado. Consider using this recipe:
- Mash 1 ripe avocado;
- Add to it 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of honey;
- Mix it well until you get a creamy paste;
- Apply the mask on the strands;
- Leave it for 20 minutes;
- Rinse the mask’s residue off with any mild herbal shampoo.
Oatmeal hair mask for damaged hair
Hair damaged by frequent use of hot tools or dyes can be repaired with a homemade mask based on oatmeal. Here is the recipe:
- Make a thick paste by mixing 1 tablespoon of fresh milk and 1 tablespoon of oats;
- Before applying this mask, comb your hair;
- Apply the mask and leave it for 20 minutes;
- Wash off with a mild shampoo and warm water.
Coconut oil hair mask
Coconut oil hair masks tend to be very popular nowadays because it is believed that coconut oil may deeply penetrate the hair shaft to repair and moisturize your hair from within. You can check on your own if this remedy works by making an overnight hair mask with coconut oil. All you need to do is to apply organic virgin coconut oil to your hair, wrap it with a shower cap, sleep with it and rinse off in the morning. Repeat this natural hair mask once a week. Such mask may help your hair become shinier, moisturize your scalp, and prevent breakage of the ends of dry hair.
It is possible to make your hair grow faster with affordable homemade masks. Try a few recipes to find the best hair growth mask for yourself, and enjoy saving money by using great natural products.