How to Get Rid of Cellulite Naturally
Dimples on thighs, buttocks, legs, and stomach can be the first signs of cellulite. The good news is that it is possible to get rid of cellulite in a few ways. But, at first, you may consider learning what causes cellulite to make your treatment more effective.
What is cellulite?
According to the Mayo Clinic staff, cellulite can be defined as fatty deposits located below the skin of the abdomen and lower pelvic area – like buttocks, thighs, stomach, and sometimes legs. The most probable reasons for having cellulite are lifestyle issues like being overweight, bad nutrition, and lack of exercise.
It is a common belief that women are more prone to get cellulite than men. This statement has been confirmed by multiple clinical trials. Studies have also proved that women may develop cellulite because of 3 primary reasons:
- Hormonal changes in a woman’s body may cause the weakness of the fibrous tissues located around fat cells and, in such way, worsen the support structures of the skin. These hormonal changes commonly happen in women aged from 25 to 35 years when their natural estrogen levels reduce;
- A woman’s body is more likely to gain weight, particularly in the above-mentioned areas. Some studies have shown that it can be harder for women to oxidize fat than for men, possibly because of the higher estrogen levels;
- When a female’s body gains weight, the extra fat cells are more likely to be distributed in the vertical lines inclined to bulges.
However, weight gain is not the only reason of having the cellulite problem. Cellulite may develop in thin or overweight women because of such reasons:
- A poor diet with lack of vitamins and nutrients;
- Lack of physical exercises;
- Slowed metabolism because of poor genetics or some illnesses;
- Natural density of the skin.
Also, cellulite in women may get worse with age. That is why you may consider finding the best cellulite treatment for yourself as soon as you start noticing the first signs of this problem.
How can you help your body remove cellulite?
Because of the previous reasons, you may develop cellulite very quickly. All these causes can make your body accumulate the toxins responsible for the development of cellulite. If you are wondering how to get rid of cellulite fast, your first task may be the reduction of the toxins in your body.
Consider making some lifestyle changes that can help you get rid of toxins, reduce cellulite and prevent its development in the future:
- Try consuming more organic, alkaline, and unprocessed foods. All fresh fruits and vegetables that are alkaline may help draw out the toxins from the body.
- Daily try drinking clean water, herbal teas, and organic fresh juices which may flush the toxins and promote the cellulite removal.
- Consider replacing table salt with Himalayan crystal or Celtic sea salt – they also contain alkaline.
- Try any natural colon cleansing techniques to get rid of the most toxins accumulated in your body.
- Cellulite is likely to develop on the dry skin. A daily massage with an anti-cellulite brush may be helpful. You may try using a skin brush daily in circular movements on the area with cellulite – buttocks, thighs, legs and abdomen – to get rid of dimples and break down the fatty deposits. Consider starting with just one minute per day and slowly increasing the massage time up to a few minutes.
- Try doing more exercises for the release of more endorphins, reducing the fatty deposits, and flushing toxins.
- Stay away from anti-cellulite creams that may cause the thinning of the skin. Certain chemicals in anti-cellulite creams may thicken your skin (like steroids). Instead of such products, consider using moisturizers, applying natural oils, and creams.
Home remedies for cellulite on thighs, legs, abdomen, and buttocks
If you are wondering how to reduce cellulite naturally, try making your own homemade remedies for removing toxins from your body and preventing the dimples on your thighs, buttocks, legs, and abdomen.
Detox drink with cayenne pepper
Cayenne pepper may burn the extra fat in your body and naturally increase the blood circulation. Eating cayenne pepper can also boost your metabolism, help remove the dead skin cells and replace them with new healthy cells. If you are wondering how to get rid of cellulite on legs or other areas with cayenne pepper, consider using this detox drink:
- Add 1 teaspoon of grated ginger, 2 teaspoons of cayenne powder pepper, and some fresh lemon juice squeezed from 1 lemon to a glass of warm water;
- Mix all the ingredients and drink;
- Sip this detox drink 2 times a day for 2 months.
Natural anti-cellulite scrub with coffee grounds
If you want to know how to get rid of cellulite on thighs quickly, consider making your own scrub with coarse coffee grounds. They may help remove the dead skin cells and replace them with new cells. This may also stimulate your skin cells with caffeine to turn over more quickly, revealing healthy cells at the top. Drinking 1-2 cups of coffee per day can also improve blood circulation.
To make the exfoliating scrub with coffee grounds for removing cellulite, you may follow this recipe:
- Take a ¼ cup of coffee grounds, 3 tablespoons of sugar, and 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil;
- Mix the ingredients to form a paste;
- Apply a small amount of this paste on the affected skin and massage with firm pressure;
- Rinse the paste’s residue off with warm water;
- Repeat the massage with this scrub 2-3 times per week.
DIY anti-cellulite cream with juniper oil
This oil is known thanks to its science-backed detoxifying properties that may lead to the reduction of fluid retention. You can make your own anti-cellulite cream with juniper oil in such way:
- Add 15 drops of juniper oil to a ¼ cup of the extra virgin olive oil;
- Massage the affected skin with this mixture for 10 minutes;
- Repeat the massage at least 2 times per day.
Massage with tangerine and olive oils
To improve blood circulation and break down the fatty deposits, consider massaging the affected skin with the essential tangerine and olive oils. You may follow this recipe:
- Mix 5 drops of tangerine oil with 1 tablespoon of olive oil;
- This mixture can be rubbed on the skin with dimples;
- Massage for 15 minutes;
- Repeat the massage 2 times per day for 3 months;
- After applying this mixture, consider avoiding the direct sun exposure.
While cellulite is often the natural process of aging, and shouldn’t be something you feel ashamed about, by changing your lifestyle habits like diet and exercise, you can increase muscle tone and decrease fat, which will mean less cellulite. These tips and natural remedies may help you achieve some cellulite reduction and will hopefully boost your confidence to wear short skirts, shorts, and skirts and flaunt your figure.