Homemade Face Mask for Acne
According to the WebMD, there are three types of acne that a person may have from puberty to middle-age in a person’s life. These types are:
- Comedonal acne that involves blackheads and whiteheads;
- Inflammatory acne that forms under the plug of blackheads or whiteheads and eventually becomes red, painful and inflamed;
- Cystic acne is a result of a serious infection. Usually, such type of acne is a very painful genetic skin disorder. Cystic acne also leaves permanent scars.
Facial acne is a very unpleasant problem especially for teenagers. To deal with acne you may take medications and apply topical preparations like:
- Oral contraceptives for women and teen girls like Estrstep, Yaz and Ortho Tri-Cyclen can be really helpful for acne treatment;
- Topical creams and solutions like Jovees Anti Acne & Pimple Cream or Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Pimple Clearing Cream;
- Photodynamic therapy – when you apply a special clay mask for acne on a person’s face, spine or chest and then use a laser to activate this medicine;
- Isolaz – this acne treatment combines a broadband light with a vacuum to cleanse pores and extract excessive skin oil.
You should definitely consult a dermatologist if you have lots of pimples and inflammatory acne. However, if your acne isn’t severe, you can follow some simple recipes to make natural face masks for acne on your own. Herbs and natural supplements can be also very effective and risk-free for your acne infected skin.
Make your own face mask for acne: all-natural recipes
If you are looking for a great natural acne face mask that can help you get rid of breakouts and lessen scarring, check the following recipes suggested by Babble. The following skin masks for acne are based on all-natural ingredients that can also nourish your facial skin as well as clear up those problem areas.
Honey and cinnamon face mask for pimples
To do this mask all you need is cinnamon powder and honey. Take a bowl and put in 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Then put 1 teaspoons of raw honey. Thoroughly mix these ingredients until they blend well. If the mixture is too thick, add more honey. Carefully lather this anti acne mask on your face using your fingers. It is preferable to apply this mask when the face is damp. Leave the mask on your face for 15 minutes. Then wash your face with warm water and apply your cleansing facial toner. Instead of a toner you can use a mixture of twp parts of distilled water mixed with one part of apple cider vinegar. The anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of both the honey and cinnamon provide a gentle, but effective cleanse for your skin that can reduce redness and swelling and remove acne causing bacteria.
The face mask for clear skin based on apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a common ingredient in natural facials for acne. Make your own acne mask by mixing 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, 2 teaspoons of cooled green tea, 5 teaspoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of honey. Stir the mixture until getting it becomes thick. To make it thicker you can add more sugar.
With a cotton pad, spread this acne mask while massaging your face. Leave the mask on your face for 10 minutes. During this time the mask will improve blood circulation and remove dead cells. Thanks to the sugar this mask for acne can be also used as a natural facial scrub. Wash the mask with warm water. Apply 2-3 times per week to see the results.
How to make a face mask for acne scars at home?
The AmericanChronicle reports that acne scars are very similar to other skin scars caused by damaged tissues. The acne type and genetics play the most important role in how prominent a facial acne scar will be. The most common acne scars are called depressed scars and keloids. Depressed acne scars are more frequent and fade away with time. Keloids can remain for your whole life. To make keloids less prominent you can apply the following popular acne treatment mask.
- Take one part of oatmeal and mix it with two parts water in a cooking pot.
- Heat the pot with the ingredients on low heat.
- Add lemon juice and continue to stir.
- Turn off the stove and let the mixture cool down.
- Add and mix Manuka honey.
- Apply this acne removal mask on your face and leave overnight or at least for 30 minutes.
- Wash the mask with warm water. Dry your face with a towel.
- Apply a moisturizer.
Tips for making an overnight acne mask
- Add cinnamon for a better consistency;
- Use a medicinal honey like Manuka;
- Honey can be applied directly to the scarred area;
- During the cooking process of a mask, always put honey in last. The heat can destroy the healing anti-microbial properties of the honey;
- Lemon juice in an acne mask will increase your facial skin’s sensitivity to the sunlight. Always apply a moisturizer with high SPF after having an overnight acne mask.
Natural products and herbs for an anti acne face mask
Experiment and try to make your own acne clearing face mask adding the following natural ingredients:
- Honey has natural antibiotic properties for killing germs that can cause severe acne;
- Cinnamon can stop the development of bacteria;
- Egg whites can fade acne scars and reduce the amount of acne – it is the perfect base for a mask for pimples;
- If applied in moderation, fat-free yogurt or milk can improve the skin tone and treat acne outbreaks;
- Avocado has a lot of vitamins and can gently affect the irritated skin;
- Oatmeal is added almost to all skin masks because it can reduce inflammation, soak up oils, and decrease redness;
- Cucumber is famous thanks to its astringent properties that are good for improving skin oil;
- Green tea packed with antioxidants can successfully eliminate harmful free radicals and maintain flawless skin;
- Aloe Vera should be added to acne masks because of its powerful soothing and cleansing properties;
- Turmeric is a common ingredient in acne masks because of antibacterial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
The look and feel of acne can be painful, frustrating, and cause you to lose self-confidence. However, remember that a balanced diet, drinking lots of water, showering right after exercise, and a daily skin regimen can all go a long way in clearing up your skin. We hope these face mask tips find their way into some of your skin cleansing rituals and that you can see results, naturally.
When making an acne mask for your face remember that some ingredients can cause skin allergies and worsen your condition. It is preferably to consult a dermatologist before trying any skin procedures for acne treatment.