Health benefits of honey
Natural Honey, produced by Honey Bees, has been used since times immemorial for its medicinal and sweetening properties. A cave painting in Valencia, Spain has depicted that human beings have been hunting for honey for at least 8000 years. Honey even finds mention in the religious books of the Christians, Muslims, and Hindus.
It is only recently that science has been able to understand how Natural Honey benefits us in so many ways. Some of the benefits of health of Natural Honey are:
Honey is a completely natural energy booster. Special foods eaten by the athletes of the ancient Olympic Games included Honey. It does not have the ill effects of carbonated energy drinks. The glucose in Honey results in an instant boost in energy levels while the fructose, which is absorbed slower than the glucose, provides sustained energy. Raw Honey can be eaten before and after exercises to reduce muscle fatigue. A breakfast including Honey keeps the energy levels high for the rest of the day.
Strengthens The Immune System
The antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties of Honey strengthen the Immune System of the body and help combat diseases.
Treats Cough And Cold
A common cough and cold symptoms are often treated with Honey.
Treats Sore Throats
Honey not only acts as a soothing agent for sore throats but, due to anti-microbial properties, it kills the bacteria that cause the infection. Honey can be either eaten directly or mixed with water and gargled with, or even added to hot lemon water, to bring relief to a sore throat.
Cures Skin Problems
Honey mixed with ground almonds, olive oil and lemon juice can be applied on the skin to heal chapped lips and acne conditions. The antibacterial properties of Honey aid the healing process of the skin.
Treats Wounds and Burns
Honey is used to treat wounds and burns. The antiseptic properties of Honey inhibit the growth of bacteria and a protective layer that Honey forms keep the wound free from infection. Honey also acts as an anti-inflammatory agent.
Major health benefits of using honey
Mankind has been benefitted by the properties of Honey for a long time now. Almost every culture has reaped the benefits of Raw Natural Honey from a very early stage. The early texts of the civilizations have lavishly praised the benefits of Honey. Also, we normally don’t realize that even the very small changes in our lives can result in something big. Say for example a slight change in our eating habits can build up our immunity system and lead to better digestion. Adding tiny things to our routine can lead to change, like drinking a glass of lukewarm lime water in the morning can help you maintain your weight and eating a teaspoon of honey can transform into a remarkable change in your body.
Very few people know the importance of honey for their health. In fact, it can be called liquid gold given the health benefits that have been attached with its use. Moving ahead, in this article, you will be introduced to the importance of honey in our life and will hopefully be motivated to use it more. Organic honey suppliers that are true to their profession will always provide you with the best quality product. They know the importance of honey for our health and will never provide the product that might cause you to suffer. Here are some of the major health benefits of using honey.
- Works as a natural energy drink. Now there is no need for people to rely on synthetic energy drinks. Honey is a rich source of energy and people who buy quality raw honey are using it in their workout routine to gain muscle and energy. This the first thing these people consume in the morning before their breakfast.
- A memory booster. Honey can be a major source of calcium, which is a vital nutrient for our brain health. Thus, taking one spoon of honey daily can boost your brain health, preventing cellular damage and loss within brain.
- Works as an anti-allergic. Not many people know that honey is an anti-allergic because of its antiseptic nature. Thus, honey can be applied on our skin to treat inflammations, wound, and allergies.
- Suppresses a cough and cold. It an age-old treatment for a cough and cold but, people never tend to use it when they suffer from these pesky ailments. It can heal your coughing and sneezing without any side-effects.
- Treats dandruff. Millions of shampoos and conditioners to treat dandruff, still it reoccurs. Use honey to treat your scalp for dandruff. Apply honey diluted with 10 per cent warm water to your scalp and feel the change.
- A solution to sleepless nights. If you are not able to sleep properly or facing mood swings, then you may be lacking insulin and serotonin. Honey helps in building these compounds in our brain.
- Anti Bacterial Treatment. You’ll also find that honey can be used as an anti-bacterial treatment. Not only can you consumer honey as a part of your diet, but it can be used to treat scrapes, burns, and even cuts because it is a great topical anti-bacterial treatment. Studies that have been done show that applying honey to wounds can help to keep an infection from occurring.
- Aids in Weight Loss. One of the colossal advantages that you can appreciate when you add nectar to your eating regimen is weight reduction. Nectar can help with weight reduction when it is utilized as an approach to supplant different sorts of sweeteners. Rather than adding sugar to drinks or cereals, you can add honey instead. Just remember that it should be used sparingly, since just a tablespoon contains about 63 calories.
- Aids in Digestion. For centuries, honey has been used to aid in digestion. It is a very popular home remedy for treating various digestive problems, including ulcers, constipation, nausea, and more. To use as an aid for digestion, it is recommended to add some honey and lemon to some tea. Drink the tea with honey to provide relief for various digestive problems.