Benefits Of Washing Face with Oil
Oil isn’t just for cooking anymore. As you may have seen in your local cosmetics store or health store, oil is quickly replacing creams, lotions, and even soaps! This is because oils cleanse based on the idea that “like dissolves like,” not to mention provide a layer of moisture that soaps only dream about. It has been found that many oils contain vitamins, antioxidants, and even anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can cleanse, tone, and moisturize.
Using oil wash: a DIY oil cleanse
Step 1. Take castor and olive oils. If you have never used castor oil for face or never added olive oil to anything except salad, don’t be worried. Mix the oils according to the type of your skin.
Dry skin – 20% of castor oil
Fatty skin – 70-80% of castor oil
Normal skin – 50% of castor oil
Step 2. Apply this facial cleansing oil onto dry (this is important!) skin. Massage it gently for 1-2 minutes, then take a small towel soaked in warm water and put it on your face. Leave it for some time. Once the towel gets cold, wet it again and repeat it for 2-3 times. Let the castor and olive oil face wash have a purifying effect.
Step 3. Gently wipe the oil face cleanser with a wet towel. Do not scrub it or rinse with facial foam! Let a thin oily film remain on your skin. Do not be alarmed. A few minutes later the greasy film will be gone and you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
The result: you get a perfectly clean and soft skin! The pores are less vivid and the skin is mat. Even with the oily skin, after using a facial cleansing oil a mat effect lasts for several hours. Repeat this cleaning technique 2 times a week and you will notice that your skin gets less greasy and there are fewer pimples and dark spots.
How does oil for face work?
Like I said, like dissolves like. This means that water does not dissolve oils, including skin oil and sebum. Instead, oil dissolves oil. Therefore, when we use oil for face cleansing, the skin gets cleansed of impurities more effectively and the pores get cleaned.
When a facial cleansing oil is applied onto the skin, its molecules penetrate into the pores and bind to the molecules of sebum. Fat is dissolved and then rinsed from the skin with water. This simple mechanism helps to purify and gradually narrow the pores. An oil wash may contain coconut oil for skin and essential oils (ylang-ylang, tea tree, etc.), which have a healing effect on the skin: improve post-acne marks, prevent pimples and improve skin tone.
Benefits of oil face cleanser
Cleansing using oil for face has a number of advantages over cleansing gels and foams:
- It has neutral acidity; this means that after washing with facial cleansing oil, you don’t need to tone the skin in order to balance the pH;
- It does not dry the skin and does not deprive the natural protective barrier as does the soap and most face care washing products do;
- Oil face cleanser does not penetrate deep into the skin; it thoroughly cleanses the skin’s surface, so the pores are not clogged;
- Many oil wash cleansers are well formulated and contain antioxidants, vitamins and anti-aging ingredients (tea tree oil cleanser, coconut oil for face, etc.);
- Oil for face removes makeup better than other skin care products. Many manufacturers recommend to remove BB creams and mineral SPF creams with oil wash.
How should I wash with facial cleansing oil?
Oil wash differs from traditional washing methods. It is a big mistake to think that the skin is perfectly clean after you apply coconut oil for face or a tea tree oil cleanser on a wet face and rinse it with water. These are the basic steps how to use an oil face cleanser:
1. Always start oil washing with a dry face and hands. Take castor oil for face if you have the oily skin, tea tree oil cleanser or peppermint oil is good for irritable skin, rose hip oil works well for those with oily or greasy skin, while coconut oil works great for all skin types;
2. Use at least one teaspoon of oil for face. There should be enough oil to apply it evenly;
3. Gently massage the skin with oil. No need to hurry. Carefully, with circular movements run your fingers on every part of the face and neck;
4. Wet your hands with water and continue to massage;
5. Rinse the face with warm water. When there is no oil left on your face, wash it again with cold water to narrow the pores.
Unlike foams for washing, the use of facial cleansing oil requires a little more time and patience, but the result is worth it! Enjoy your purified and soft skin!